Alas, geyser riding is harrowing and I, like you, plainly see the suffering world. But what we also see is the arc of history, where with all of humanity’s wrong turns and regressions there emerges a clear trajectory of people (in the aggregate) living longer, more peacefully and with more wealth, century by century. A process that is accelerating.
In this view suffering is a call to action. None of us really achieves happiness until all beings achieve happiness. Thus, there is no end of work to do. But, please people, let’s do it with joy in our hearts, because we are on a sacred journey. And considering we crawled out of the mud, we’re doing pretty darn well.
This is what I try to point out on this blog. I am a current events junkie and delight in interpreting emerging politics and culture through a lens of consciousness evolution.
So to make virtue out of passion, I offer The Daily Evolver.
- Jeff is honored to have worked for three years with his hero, Ken Wilber, in developing the Integral Institute, and their historic seminars on integral application in business, psychology and spirituality.
- Jeff can’t believe his luck to live two doors down from his other integral hero, philosopher Steve McIntosh, who is a dear friend. Jeff is on the Board of Steve’s think tank, The Institute for Cultural Evolution.
- He is co-founder of CareerTrack Training, an adult education company he and his partner built into an international organization producing 3000+ seminars annually, and employing 300+ people.
- Jeff co-founded Boulder Integral (now The Integral Center, under the leadership of Robert McNaughton), a bricks and mortar center for integral study and practice, drawing people from all over the world.
- A long-time practitioner in several spiritual traditions, Jeff has taught meditation and led many retreats. He has a Masters Degree in Indo-Tibetan Buddhism from Naropa University (2006).
- Originally from western Pennsylvania, Jeff lives in Boulder, Colorado amidst an amazing array of friends and fellow travelers. He shares a home with his beautiful man, Chuck, and their two dogs, Gracie May and Stella Sue.
- He loves thinking about the ever-arising kosmos*, and helping other people do the same.
* In integral-speak, kosmos is made up of the universe outside us (the cosmos) as well as the universe within us (consciousness).