Dr. Keith Witt talks to Jeff Salzman about the negative effects today’s polarized politics are having upon people’s psychological health, and the strategies you need to become more resilient — and less reactive — to the many stresses of our time.
- The psychological effects of Donald Trump’s “bully” style of leadership, and how to counter those effects.
- Clearing up the confusion between the notions of resilience and of sensitization.
- How to create and play with polarity, without allowing yourself to become politically polarized.
- Caution against slipping into the sort of leftist overreach that is largely responsible for the rise of Trump in the first place.
- Encouragement to become more civically engaged in our political systems.